Friday, March 30, 2012

Shopping

As a self confessed shopaholic I am wondering whether I am reading things right when clothing etc. is soooo cheap in Florida!





Not wanting to spend my whole 2 weeks shopping (my idea of heaven - not for my hubby and son)! I was wondering whether anyone had ever purchased a few days of clothing beforehand and then bought the rest when they were away?





$19.00 Levis in Walmart sound good to me!!!



Shopping


Hi there,



Having made the mistake of over packing the first time I went I travel very light anyway. Apart from the essentials I take, 5/6 prs shorts, 2 sun dresses and a few strappy tops. However once I%26#39;m there I do go out and shop for things to wear while I%26#39;m there. I find most things I need (and more!) at the Premium Outlets.



I think taking just a few days of clothing will be fine, if you like shopping it will be almost impossible not to find things you like.



Premium Outlets also have a levi shop, and discount coupons usually give you a further 10% off the tag price.



Hope this helps.



Shopping


Things are cheaper in Florida. My husband just bought 2 pairs of Levi%26#39;s and as the exchange rate is so good our visa bill came up at 拢27.68, for TWO PAIRS!!! WOW. Most everyday clothing seems to be roughly about half our price. We shopped in Wal-mart and it was very strange to see the George ( Asda ) logo on some of the items and of course at a much lower price. Get ready to shop Twent : %26gt; )




Thanks very much - had a little look on the Bloomingdales and Macy%26#39;s sites and was amazed at their kids clothes. My boss went to New York last year and when in Bloomingdales was advised to register and he got discount off everything he bought - is this the same in Florida?




perhaps its me but the levi%26#39;s they sell out there aren%26#39;t as good as some we get over here!




Yeah same as NY,, In Macys and Bloomingdales you get around an 11% out of town discount cant be used on cosmetics though.





They are in the Mall at milenia which is my fave mall, not many normal shops and no outlets here its top end designer but still cheaper than the UK




Here%26#39;s another vote for the Mall at Millenia and the visitor%26#39;s discount. You get the discount even off sale items. I%26#39;ve brought back RL Polo and Tommy hifiger shirts for my boys at only $5 with that discount! I buy their normal everyday levis at Wallmart and their trainers at either the outlets or mall. Water shoes, sandals, toys games phones, DVD%26#39;s at Walmart or target.




I read somewhere on here that JC Penneys give a discount of 11%, you have to go to the Guest Services Desk to get the card.



Levis from the US are just as good as here in my book, my husband usually buyes them at Penneys for around $30 but this year we%26#39;ll take a look at Walmart



My favs are Florida Mall in Orlando and Aventura in Miami.



Can%26#39;t wait to visit the Millenia one, its new since our last visit.



3 wks to go



Have a lovely trip and happy shopping



Rettie




we found that the premium outlets are our favourite with the likes of calvein klein, lacoste, ralph lauren, hugo boss, timberland etc etc etc. When you go to macys at the florida mall , go to guest services i think the area is called gift wrapping, well go there , and they just ask where your from and give you and 11% discount card which is valid for around 30 days (ish)




Twent



Put it this way, after you come home from florida, you will grudge every penny you spend at the metro centre from then on. I do. !!!




Thank you very much Scottishmum.





By now I would have clothes for day and night already bought ready to pack but I am now determined only to take a few days for each of us! I am waiting for the Next Sale - bought everything last year and the week before we went away ninety percent of it was in the sale and at least half price!





My little boy can get as grubby as he wants at those prices - that poor MetroCentre will be crying that I haven%26#39;t been spending already!

No comments:

Post a Comment