Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fast advice about Disney with 2 and 4 year old

My 2 and 4 year old just joined my husband in Orlando. He has been here on business. We had not intended on doing Disney this trip as we will only be here a few days and I wasn%26#39;t sure my son was old enough to really enjoy it. My husband, however, has been here all week. After talking to other and visiting Epcot, he has the ';Disney bug'; and he really wants to take the kids now. I am looking for some fast help since I didn%26#39;t get a chance to research this much. We are looking at just visiting Magic Kingdom.





(1) Is it worth while to go for only one day or should we plan on 2 days. Can we even get a taste of MK in one day. We will start early in the day but probably have to head back to the condo for afternoon naps. We will be here until Wednesday morning.





(2) Where should we focus our attention. We are taking this trip for the kids--we don%26#39;t care about the rides and stuff for ourselves. We just want to watch them be WOWED by Disney. My daughter is 4 1/2 and of course loves princess. My son is 2 1/2 and isn%26#39;t very familiar with Disney but is excited about Mickey Mouse.





(3) I know we can purchase tickets at the gate but is it cheaper to purchase them ahead of time?





Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read many posts on here that have been very helpful!!



Fast advice about Disney with 2 and 4 year old


You can see a whole lot in one day and if you took them 2 days I think it would wear them out as they are so young. To me the best part (and it is really hard to pick a best part) is the parade at night at Magic Kingdom. All of the floats lit up are simply spectaclar and well, just mesmerizing!!! I don%26#39;t know if they will be too sleepy at that time or not but maybe you could go a little later in the day. If it were me I would go just one day this time and get the tickets at the gate. They will give you a brochure with info and a map of all to do when you go in. For your first time just go and pick what you want from that. Have a wonderful time!!



punz



Fast advice about Disney with 2 and 4 year old


Head to Fantasy land. Cut straight through the castle and you will see it. If Dumbo is a must, line up for that as soon as the park opens. Otherwise the wait is forever.





Your 4.5 year old will love Fantasmic (3-D) disney movie, Winnie the pooh, it%26#39;s a small world, PeterPan etc.





Toon town is where the character meet and greats are. I believe they still open at 10:00am. If you hit that when they open, you will get to meet tons of characters.





ToonTown also has kids ride%26#39;s and houses to explore. Minnie Mouse%26#39;s house is still a favorite for my daughter. The kitchen is very neat. Let her explore.





There is a great play area there that is limited for just the little ones. Perfect for your son.




I think you should do one day and enjoy MK. I agree with the previous post to head towards Toon Town to explore the houses and to see characters in the big tent. Do that early. Then head over to Fantasy land. There is a pooh play area that the kids can enjoy.





You can visit Downtown Disney on your 2nd day. It%26#39;s FREE to walk around in and take in the sights. They have a great LEGO store that your kids may enjoy.





Have fun!! that%26#39;s a magical age to take kids to Disney!!




Thanks for the quick responses. I will continue to check back today for more advice but it sounds like one day at Magic Kingdom would give the kids a taste. Can you leave the park and come back later in the day? Would we be able to return in the evening after a nap? I think they would love the parade but only after a break in the afternoon.




yes, you can leave for a break and come back. Make sure to keep your tickets.




Any advice on which of the next four days would be the least crowded or best day to go?




Avoid Saturday! Monday or Tuesday would be better.




If going for only one day, Tuesday would be the best day to go to Magic Kingdom too.




according to the touring plan calendar, Tuesday has the lowest attendance number and it shows MK to be the best park to visit





see link below





www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php鈥?/a>




It sounds like Tuesday would be the best day. I have Fantasyland and Toon Town as must sees, and the parade at night. . . any other must sees for a 2 or 4 year old? Or maybe this will fill the whole day? It has been 20 years since I%26#39;ve been to Disney--I%26#39;m sure its changed a lot and I don%26#39;t remember much.





Thanks for all the help. . . you have made it possible to plan a trip from the convenience of my condo while my kids nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment