Thursday, April 19, 2012

Info required re US Health System

I have a genuine reason for posting this. It%26#39;s definitely not to take a potshot across the ocean or to invite others to do the same.





I have just heard that my American cousins may now be held financially responsible for the care of their elderly father who seems to have developed dementia. He hasn%26#39;t lived with them since they were teenagers and is now twice divorced.





What I want to know is:





(a) what could happen to him if no-one takes responsibility for him.



(b) what would the daily or weekly cost be for a care home or providing care coming to his house every day.



(c) how does it happen that people end up not being covered if they have worked all their lives. Does medical insurance end when you retire, or does it only pay up to a certain amount. Or could it be that he failed to keep up his payments.





I would really appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on this as I am concerned but do not want to ask my relatives such prying questions.


  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment