Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bubba Gumps Shrimp coming to town?

According to this morning%26#39;s paper Bubba Gumps restaurant has applied for some sort of permit , giving a proposed address somewhere on Seabreeze Blvd- which sounds like it might be near the Bahia Mar Beach Resort just south of Las Olas. I know I have heard of the chain- there used to be one in New Orleans and I think in Orlando as well. Anyone dined in one of them??



Bubba Gumps Shrimp coming to town?


When we go to Universal that is where we eat on our way out.





The fish and chips is made with Mahi Mahi and my daughter and I can share a platter, add a salad (also huge), and we are stuffed for the trip home!





I hope it opens soon!!! There is no where here I really like fish and chips so that will be an add on for us!





Lisa



Bubba Gumps Shrimp coming to town?


I%26#39;ve eaten at the one in Honolulu it%26#39;s a typical themed chain restaurant selling the usual fare, very family orientated. There is one at the Bayside Market Place in Miami.




I%26#39;ve eaten at the one in Time%26#39;s Square in NYC. We enjoyed it.




I%26#39;ve been to the one in New Orleans or at least it was there. We enjoyed our lunch but it was nothing special.




We have eaten at the one in Hawaii and it is very much like Lulus Bait Shack where we were last week., loved Fort Lauderdale -



Bubba gumps is between Beach place and Bahia Mar.




I remember your earlier post about coming pre cruise , did you enjoy your stay and make out ok without having a car?





I really do want to scout out around Bahia Mar , but I%26#39;m a bit put off by the construction around Las Olas and A1A. I do like shrimp , though.





Wondering if it is in that stretch just south of Las Olas where Coconuts is ( or is that a was I wonder...) At any rate I%26#39;ll keep my eyes peeled for the spot and any local advertising-love those discounts!




Bubba Gumps is scheduled to open March 10 with a special benefit for our local children%26#39;s abuse center , Kids in Distress( nice gesture, Bubba!).





The address is not exactly where I had guessed- 429 S. Beach Blvd- not Seabreeze as I had first heard- so that would put it on the west side of A1A right across from the Ocean and I think south of the Oasis- but I%26#39;m not entirely sure- that%26#39;s where A1A splits going one way in each direction and I always sem to be headed south- this should be on the leg that has northbound traffic only I think. I will have to venture down and take a look! And of course I must dine there soon- it%26#39;s my duty as the Local Expert- and I must have my favorite ( coconut fried shrimp ) and whatever outrageous dessert and impressive signature libation as well- I%26#39;m only doing it for all of you....




I can%26#39;t believe this - it%26#39;s a tragedy- no coconut shrimp on their menu!!! I thought in the movie they talked about shrimp served a bazillion different ways.. It%26#39;s actually a rather small menu- but they claim to have the best bread pudding in the world, so I may have to forgive them- they do have some stiff competition in that dept from the chocolate bread pudding at Shuck and Dive- we%26#39;ll see!




I think we should all ';chip in'; for your research. Let me know what I owe.




I saw another ';new'; restaurant today. Bucky%26#39;s BBQ. It%26#39;%26#39;s on US1 around 14th Street on the west side.

No comments:

Post a Comment