Monday, April 23, 2012

Destin traffic on July 4th week

JoeMammy, Question for ya. I%26#39;am staying at Destin Pointe for the July 4th week and plan on bringing my Seadoo. I usually launch just north on the west side of the bridge. What is the best way to get there? I hear there are short cuts and back road the locals know about. I%26#39;am worried about getting stuck in hwy 98 holiday traffic every day.



Destin traffic on July 4th week


semco1 do you have any input on the july 4 traffic question?



Destin traffic on July 4th week


semco1 do you have any input on the july 4 traffic question?




jhymerboy-



I think you mean the north side on the EAST side of the bridge, there is a ramp there right next to Dewey Destin%26#39;s restaurant.





You can also launch right next to the Boathouse restaurant in the Destin Harbor.





There is also a launch near the end of Beach Dr., it is called Joe%26#39;s Bayou. And is right on the bay and minutes from Crab Island and the pass.





July 4th is one of the busiest times of the year. If you get a map of Destin it will be pretty easy to figure out the back roads. From Destin Pointe (Gulf Shore Dr) you can make right on Main st, left on Kelly and right on Beach to get to Joe%26#39;s Bayou. Or you can follow Kelly all the way to left on Calhoun and follow that to Dewey Destin.





Destin Pointe will be a great place to watch the fireworks too. Just bring a beach chair down by the jettys- they shoot them off of a barge right by the bridge.




Traffic will be a nightmare. Always is on holiday weekends.





I think the closest place would be the launch on Beach Drive, or at East Pass Marina, right beside the Boathouse. Both would be crowded, but East Pass may be less.




thank guys, I have never been down for the 4th. I%26#39;ll have my backup road plans in place. Oh yeah joemammy it was the east side of the bridge daaaaaa my bad.




4th weekend will be absolutely jammed. I quit going the 4th because of it.





Joe - shhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment