Monday, April 23, 2012

wedding in sanibel

I am getting married in August in Sanibel, and was looking for some advice



I have read through the posts so I%26#39;ve checked out some of the hotels, and I%26#39;m thinking of West Wind Inn. So far they have been helpful via email. Anyone have any negative reviews of this place? Or the restaurant they have on site, Normandie Seaside Cafe?



I also need to find someone to do my hair/makeup



We are trying to plan a trip down there so we can check things out, but I don%26#39;t know if that%26#39;s gonna work out



Any help would be greatly appreciated :)



wedding in sanibel


There is a very positive Wedding review (feb) in the hotel section under West Wind Inn on this site.



I have only heard good things about WWI.



You can find lots of good wedding information and suggestions in prior posts on this forum.



wedding in sanibel


Afraid I don%26#39;t know the Normandie. West Wind has a strong group of followers who enjoy their efficiency units. Its style is %26#39;50%26#39;s motel rather than condo style and it%26#39;s island basic. Big pool. Very good and quiet location on West Gulf where it dead ends. It seems to host a fair number of weddings.





Do make sure you and your guests get only refurbished rooms if at all possible. Like a lot of places these days many small charges for things like beach chairs and stuff. I find that kind of thing amazingly annoying myself, but it seems to be more and more common.





Hopefully some brides who used West Wind can be of help to you.





Sue, Rainstorm, Sanibelbride any thoughts?




:-) Even as I was writing, you answered! lol




bride2be8 - congrats on your upcoming wedding. When I was looking for a place for my wedding it was between the place I chose and West Wind Inn. I really liked Charlene at the WWI, she seemed very helpful and willing to work with your needs. Thats all I am familiar with there. If I can help with flowers,cakes (Mason%26#39;s) etc. I have a ton of info on that if you need it. Best of luck to you :-)




sanibelbride, you had your wedding at West Wind Inn? How was it? Did you have the ceremony on the beach?



Did you eat in their restaurant? Sorry for so many questions...... Just makes me nervous trying to make plans from so far away



I have been working with a woman who does one of those all inclusive things (cake,flowers, ceremony, etc) So far she%26#39;s been helpful. I just want everyhting to turn out OK as I%26#39;m sure all of you understand




duh!! I just went back and reread your post!! Sorry, no coffee yet this morning, LOL



I have emailed back and forth with Charlene and Wendy and they have both been very helpful



Did you have your hair/make-up done down there?




BtoB8,



My daughter got married in Sanibel last October and she used a wedding planner - Patricia Slater - who arranged everything for her -flowers, photographer, limo etc., including hair and make up - two girls came to the condo to do the bride%26#39;s hair and make up and the matron of honour%26#39;s. If you are using a wedding planner she should be able to arrange all this for you and I would certainly recommend Patricia.





I can%26#39;t really offer any comments on WWI as my daughter%26#39;s wedding was a very small affair on the beach with only 11 guests plus bride %26amp; groom and we all went to Sanibel Steakhouse for dinner after the ceremony.




We just had a beach wedding in February 07%26#39;





We also used Patricial Slater (Weddings By The Sea) and we were very pleased. I highly recommend her!





We loved The Sanibel Steakhouse when we went there one night for dinner, it was our favorite!




Hi bride2be8-





I%26#39;m getting married on Captiva with reception on Sanibel (and I went to UF!). There%26#39;s a lot of great advice on this board, but I%26#39;d also like to suggest popping over the theknot.com website and checking out the West Coast Florida Forum. There%26#39;s a lot of girls getting married on Captiva/Sanibel on there and can help you with alot of other stuff outside of the ceremony/reception site. BTW, I%26#39;m also using Patricia Slater and have been very happy with her so far. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment