Monday, April 23, 2012

Local Golf Courses Have Really Improved

Destin golf in March is tough to beat. Perfect weather lately, tough to work when it is 70 with clear skies and little wind.





Played Seascape today and was very pleasantly surprised by the shape of this course- EXCELLENT! Two years ago it was near the bottom of courses around here and nearly a goat pasture. Talked to the greenskeeper and he told me they have new mgt and staff and are totally committed to bringing this course back to top notch shape.





Played Indian Bayou last week in a tourny and it was also in the best shape I%26#39;ve seen there in years.





Playing Kelly on Sunday for the CAC tourny. Will report conditions.



Local Golf Courses Have Really Improved


Hi Joe--





Will be in Destin again the year for Spring Break (arrive March 23 -30). Played Regatta Bay and Bluewater Bay in Niceville last year. Enjoyed them both very much.





Regatta Bay had some construction going on last year on the back nine--a new retention pond and some other stuff adjacent to the mall. I assume all of that is complete and the course is in great shape?





As for Seascape, I had heard it was not good, but your news sounds promising. Curious--what were greens fees there?





Kelly Plantation looks great and serene/secluded.





I try to keep my fees ~70-90/round (but I%26#39;ll go up to about 100) since it%26#39;ll be my first time out this year (we *still* have friggin snow on the ground here in Indy--haven%26#39;t swung the club since late October - thank God for tennis).





Thanks!



Local Golf Courses Have Really Improved


Seascape fees are usually around $75 before 1:00, I think they come down to $55 after 1:00. Almost all of the courses reduce this time of year from their regular fees.





Not sure where you are staying but some of the rental companies offer discount coupons and even free greens fee passes, be sure you ask.





Also, check the websites of any course you plan on playing. Some have printable coupons (Bluewater Bay) for discounts.





I played Emerald Bay last month, it was the only course around here I had yet to play. Very challenging course, long with postage stamp greens full of undulations.




Last time I played Seascape (9 years ago?) it was pretty tore up. Glad to hear it%26#39;s improving.



Indian Bayou was usually too expensive. I would always use the coupon for Bluewater.



Have you played Windswept Dunes yet this year, Joe?


  • moisturiser cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment