Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Training

How long do games usually last? I had heard that they are between 3 and 4 hours but another person told me that they last between 90 minutes and 3 hours. Also, I will be traveling to see Cleveland in Tampa and am wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to get autographs at Legends Field?



Spring Training


Went to the Atlanta Braves vs. Toronto Blue Jays today; the game lasted about 2 1/2 hours, if that much; much of the game was relatively fast paced. They last the same length as a typical baseball game in the regular season pretty much. I would expect the game to last between 2 to 3 hours; a longer game would be a higher scoring one. Winning every game is not quite as big a deal as making sure players get ready for the regular season, etc.







Spring Training


Actually, the games are probably a little shorter in spring training than in the regular season. There is less sweating the details, less pitcher/catcher or infield conferences, less pitcher%26#39;s visits to the mound, less arguing (I%26#39;m not going to say this doesn%26#39;t happen; saw Paul Lo Duca, NY Met, get thrown out against Atlanta last year), less pitching changes during an inning (none today) and less pinch hitting for strategic purposes. And pitchers are probably a little less deliberate.




Get to Legends Field as early as you can before the game for batting practice and you will be able to get autographs.........:)




Bubba,





I have been to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees play Cleveland and some players have stayed in my villa during spring training - anyway - my girls want to go to a game when we are across later in the month. Which stadium will have the better atmosphere, be like a big game- Legends Field on te 26th NY v. Houston or Chain of Lakes Cleveland v. Toronto Blue Jays?





My girls want to hear the half time organist playing lets go to the ball game as I recorded it on my %26#39;phone they think it is cool, will that stuff go on?





I do not fancy the ice hockey but is the Arena football worth the effort?

No comments:

Post a Comment