Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Does anyone remember...

A boat ride tour carried out by an old gentleman who I heard about through Virgin about 10 years ago?





He used to take us out on a boat north of Orlando near Cypress springs going through the waterways and pointing out all the wildlife; Turtles, crocs, monkeys etc and he would stop off so everyone could get in the water for a swim! I also remember we used to stop off at this dodgy cabin to pick up some packed lunches! It was a great day and I was wondering if anyone remembers it and whether it%26#39;s still running?



Does anyone remember...


I did a very similar excursion but it was in Silver Spings not Cypress.



The wooden cabin for lunch oh yes I remember that well



a sandwich and cookie in a brown paperbag with grease on the bottom if I remember right. I ate it though and lived to tell the tale





I believe that is still running.



Does anyone remember...


Silver springs that was it! It was a long time ago! haha! I remember some sort of warm meat with ketchup in a sandwich! haha!





Any idea what they%26#39;re called? (Not the sandwich, the tour ;o)





Thanks




Are you talking about the glass bottom boats trips?






I just cant remember what they were called





I have checked the Virgin website but it seems they dont do it any more. I think you will have to search it out independently





No its not the glass bottom boat ride, it takes you across some



big lakes where you stop to pick up your gourmet lunch ;0) then through the mangroves to the crystal clear waters



you can jump off and have a swim and on the way back it goes through a really big lock which is some experience.




There is a business opportunity if ever I saw one.





Your market is in place and your clients gagging for a retro experience - and the spam sandwiches.





VOILA




I think you may be thinking of Paradise Park, but they have been closed for many years.




Oh that%26#39;s a shame! The last time I went he said business was so good they had brought 2 more boats for the tour. Maybe he retired or something and it couldn%26#39;t carry on.





Oh well, maybe I%26#39;ll just hire a boat and do it myself! ;o)




Its a shame it not running anymore the more I thought about it



the more I decided to book it again for Sept. It was such a laugh (honest)





Vegas, in these times of sterilising everything and litiagation worries I really miss those experiances it, you have to go way off the beaten track for retro these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment