Monday, April 23, 2012

I keep changing my ADR's! Advice needed PLEASE! 1st time

Ok, I%26#39;ve called and changed my ADR%26#39;s too many times already and would love to be done with it! This is our first trip to Disney (me, husband, and 4 yr old daughter) on the Dining Plan, staying at POR. Please let me know what you think about our ADR%26#39;s.





4/29 - Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner pkg (arrival day; MGM)



4/30 - counter service at downtown disney (AK day/ DTD evening)



5/1 - Crystal Palace character dinner (will be at MK)



5/2 - Hoop Dee Doo Revue (rest day)(Typhoon Lagoon day)



5/3 - Coral Reef (Epcot day)



5/4 - deciding between O%26#39;Hana dinner or Kona Cafe dinner (MK day)



5/5 - Cinderella%26#39;s Royal Table lunch OOP (departure that evening)





Looking for advice on Kona vs. O%26#39;Hana. Any other suggestions too, but hopefully I%26#39;ll be calling dining for the last time : )





Thanks!



I keep changing my ADR's! Advice needed PLEASE! 1st time


So you%26#39;ll be using theme park admissions to get into MK to do Cindy%26#39;s Royal Table on the day you leave, then.



I keep changing my ADR's! Advice needed PLEASE! 1st time


When we booked, they had the free water park / park hopper upgrade and we got the 7 day tickets for pretty cheap. So, to answer your question, yes we will be spending our last day at MK and have 7 day park hoppers for our 7 day trip.





I heard new discount codes came out yesterday and I called to see if they would save us any money and believe it or not, it would cost us more with the new discount codes. She quoted us the same price without airfare, ours was with airfare.





So, admission to the parks is not an issue : )




Does your daughter like princesses?




Yes, she loves princesses which is why we are doing Cinderella%26#39;s Royal Table. We do not want to do the Princess Storybook at Epcot b/c the lunch and dinner menu is not appealing to us. There are no breakfasts available. I asked her if she would rather do Chef Mickey%26#39;s or Crystal Palace and she said she would rather see Piglet, in particular. Not sure why, but that is what she said.





So, I think we are OK with the 2 character meals we have booked.





I%26#39;m looking for suggestions for either O%26#39;Hana or Kona.





Anyone prefer one over the other?




Our daughter is 3.5, I heard the Cinderella%26#39;s gala feast in the Grand Floridian is nice but I also booked O%26#39;hana because I read that it was different and fun. The other really fun one (I read) is whispering canyon at wilderness lodge. I know what your going thru, I must have 15 different ADR%26#39;s and I plan to weed them out in the upcomming days. But I guess it%26#39;s better to over book and cancel. Wife wife thinks I%26#39;m crazy. Good luck and have fun.




Dadbkm has made a good point. Why is it you can walk up to a Disney restaurant and not get put on a waiting list even though you know people cancel?




thanks IowaninUK, I%26#39;m going to show your post to my wife. She will never believe I had a good point.




In my opinion, I think it is rude of people to hold on to several reservations and NOT cancel, they just don%26#39;t show up. You have people who really want to dine at certain places and do not get to b/c some people have 4 dinner reservations for the same night. Right now, I have 2 dinner reservations for the same night and will cancel one of them as soon as we figure out which one we want to do. I have heard people say they don%26#39;t cancel and just don%26#39;t show up for the reservations. I think that is pretty rude............





In fact, I just cancelled Princess Storybook breakfast for 3 people for 5/5 b/c we are going to Cinderella%26#39;s Royal Table instead. I didn%26#39;t want to ';hog'; the reservation at Princess Storybook b/c I knew we were not going to go there. Plus, I knew a lot of people probably would love to go there.




Sunlover,





I%26#39;m in your camp, it%26#39;s so hard to plan 180 days out but by 60 days I have my plans straight and can cancel what I don%26#39;t plan use.




sunlover13, take it easy, geez, there are hundreds of restaraunts in the Orlando area to eat at. So if you don';t get in there, go some where else.

No comments:

Post a Comment