Friday, March 30, 2012

Casual Seafood Restaurants Near FL Grande

We%26#39;ll be staying at the FL Grande for one night, pre-cruise on Saturday, July 28th.





We%26#39;ve never been to Fort Lauderdale before and we%26#39;re looking for suggestions for a fun, casual seafood place on the water (beach or intracoastal...doesn%26#39;t matter). We%26#39;ll want to drink some cold beer and have some good seafood and hopefully have fun people and boat watching. Not picky about the seafood but would like more than just fried seafood.





Oh...in case it matters...we like to walk as long as it%26#39;s a reasonable distance (within 20 minutes) but will gladly take the water taxi, regular taxi, bus or trolley.





Thanks in advance for your help.



Casual Seafood Restaurants Near FL Grande


Our local expert is away on her own trip right now but I can tell you that one of her favorites is in walking distance of your hotel. Bimini Boatyard is in the shopping center just west of your hotel. It is located on a canal though, not the intra coastal or ocean. 15th ST. Fisheries has a great location for watching boats but it hasn%26#39;t been getting great reviews since the ownership changed. For a lunch you could try the Pelican Bar across the bridge from you at the Hyatt. Also great for cocktails and watching the sunset. Another maybe is the Quarterdeck. Fun gliders to sit on and gaze at the beach while sipping your drink of choice. Bubba Gumps also recently opened.





Have a great time, bon voyage!



Casual Seafood Restaurants Near FL Grande


Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where Quarterdecks is located and how far it would be from my hotel (The FLL Grande)?





Thanks!!!




The Aruba located at the end of Commercial Blvd in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is an excellent restaurant with an outstanding menu and a very friendly staff. I%26#39;ve been to FLL many times and this is a restaurant that I never get tired of eating at.





Trust me, you will love it too!






Quarterdeck is located on the corner of A1A and E. Las Olas. It is around 2 miles from your hotel.





Here is a link:





http://www.quarterdeckrestaurant.com




I%26#39;M BAAACK! Many good suggestions from one and all- although Aruba is quite a distance north of where you are staying. I would endorse Quarterdeck completely and add to it the Southport Raw Bar right near it- both casual locals favorites. On the same street ( Cordova Rd- turn north ( right ) at the traffic light at Embassy Suites) - you will also find Kelly%26#39;s Landing , another local favorite( a tiny place in thestrip mall across from Winn Dixie. However, it specializes in ';New England '; style dishes- lots of clams , scrod etc- all delish , but not Florida style. I do like Bimini Boatyard, but maybe not really as casual or inexpensive as you would lwant.. A new spot I haven%26#39;t tried is RJ Gators in the Harbor Shops behind Embassy Suites- a few doors up from Publix- just opened , menu posted before opening looked good- just haven%26#39;t gotten there yet.




The place I was really thinking of was Oasis Cafe. I got it mixed up with Quarterdeck. Oasis is a little bit closer to you but not much. I couldn%26#39;t find a website for it but there are reviews for it here on trip advisor.




Pat- there is an additional Quarterdeck location off 17th St. at Cordova Rd ( near Embassy Suites-) which I think would be closer for the folks staying at Ft. Lauderdale Grande than the Oasis( but I like it too). I think you are thinking of the other Quarterdeck location on Las Olas just west of A1A , which would be further for them than Oasis.





I swear I used to be able to find a menu post for Oasis, but at the moment I can%26#39;t- I%26#39;ll keep looking though- it%26#39;s in a strange location- I%26#39;ll have to bookmark it next time I am able to find it. I think it is owned by a ';restaurant group'; and they certainly haven%26#39;t done a good job of making their menus easy to find.




Ok- here%26#39;s a rather long link- if it won%26#39;t work with TA limitations I%26#39;ll turn it into a tiny URL. I%26#39;m also not sure it is completely up to date- but pretty close:





www.restaurantrow.com/ShowPics.cfm鈥?/a>




Thanks for all of your great input. Now the hard part...I have to pick a place.





If you had to pick a place for fun atmosphere, people and boat watching as opposed to best food...which would it be?





Thanks again for ALL of your help.




Well, I%26#39;ll add twomore to the mix, as I don%26#39;t think it was mentioned. You would hop on the Water Taxi $11 pp for an all day pass and go north- stopping at the Bahia Cabana- a really casual Key West style bar/grill that usually has some sort of music at night and attracts many locals too- I can personally vouch for their Rum Runners and conch fritters- very rustic, but I like it- OR- you can walk



across the bridge from your hotel and go next door to the Hyatt Pier 66 and go to their Marina - on the second floor is the Pelican Bar- the drinks are good- food not as good and somewhat overpriced, but it is right on the Intracoastal Waterway and is one of the few bars in town that faces west over the canal, so you can watch sunset. You will not only see boats up and down the canal -and some fantasic yachts and sailboats docked there- but if you are fortunate, you will be able to see some ships at the Port and watch one or more pull out. Just don%26#39;t expect great food- paper plates- I remember having a decent fish sandwich there- or just have cocktails and move on. Now that I think of it , the bar at Bahia Caban faces west as well, so theer is probably a sunset display theer as well- I guess I have been too rum runnered up to notice.





Your own hotel has waterside bars /restaurants as well as one out by the pool- but most folks don%26#39;t like the food or the prices , so I would venture out!





Actually I read your original question so fast I glossed over the ';on the water '; part- theese may be better choices for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment