Saturday, March 24, 2012

Disney World Beaches

Does anyone know why Disney does not allow swimming at any of its resorts that have beaches? It seems a bit odd to have a beautiful white sand beach, but not be able to go into the water.



Is it because of gators?



Disney World Beaches


I asked this question the last time we were there. I was told that they can%26#39;t monitor/control the bacteria level in the lakes. I don%26#39;t know how true that is, but I do miss the waterpark at Fort Wilderness.



Disney World Beaches


No, I don%26#39;t know but that is only one reason why we stay in Daytona Beach and drive over when we want to do Disney. The beach there is gorgeous.



punz




And, yes, there are gators in the waters at Disney lakes too.





I%26#39;ve seen them very much alive and well there. They even have gator in the water surrounding the Tom Sawyer Island in Magic Kingdom. Thought it was a prop once until it moved off the beach and back into the water. Yikes!!




We stayed at Disney%26#39;s CBR last year. There%26#39;s a lake there with nice beaches and warning notices posted all around the lake asking people not to swim.



We were told Water Moccasins had been seen in the lake, but it didn%26#39;t seem to stop some people paddling and playing in the water.



Wouldn%26#39;t have fancied swimming in that murky water.............. I like to see what%26#39;s in the water that I swim in ;-)






It seems unfathomable to have live gators in a Disney park.



I understand that Disney does a lot of conservation and there has got to be some around on Disney World property, but in a park or by hotels, eeeeesh!



Makes me not want to go back.




Why have those fake beaches at the DW resorts then if you can%26#39;t go on them'; Marketing I guess but sure doesn%26#39;t make me want to stay at one. Gators have a way of going where they want, they should have considered that before making the fake beaches.



punz




';It seems unfathomable to have live gators in a Disney park.'; It wouldn%26#39;t seem like that to you if you lived here, Rob. We have gators from time to time in the retention pond in my neighborhood. Not at all unusual for central Florida.




The water may look pretty but it is filthy-the boats and ferries use that water and there is no way to keep it clean. They are nice to walk on but swimming-YUK.




Grace you are probably right, it wouldn%26#39;t seem like a big deal if I was used to it.



The only thing I have to worry about in the backyard are squirrels and the occasional skunk.




Rob, we had bears and coyotes where I used to live (and also the occasional skunk!), so I guess you get accustomed to whatever is in your surroundings. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment