Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where to watch Hockey?

OK, so maybe not the most popular sport in the Caribbean, but where would be a good spot to watch some games as we close in on the Stanley Cup.





I remember a few years ago going over to the Green Parrot on a relatively quiet night to watch a game while my wife was hurting bad from a dinner at a highly rated dining establishment. Rolling Rocks, hockey, and a good cigar, yea!





We%26#39;ll be there the week of 5/21, so maybe I need to get on that role call list.



Where to watch Hockey?


Jack Flats or PT%26#39;s. There are others but these were the 2 that came to mind.



Where to watch Hockey?


Jack Flats on Duval





Cowboy Bills on Angela at Duval





Stick N Stein in the K-Mart Plaza in New Town





If the Wings are still in it (I think they still are), you can bet it will be on at SWB, but there will be no sound (house rule). The Assistant Bar Manager there (Angus) is from De-twa.




Since our local team is San Jose and their currently trying to knock the Wings out, SWB may be a problem. ;)





As far as no sound goes, I have no problem with that, I routinely watch games with no sound in an effort to maintain marital bliss. That and a DVR so I can watch a whole game in under an hour and a half.





Thanks for the suggestions!




Go Sharks!





(I%26#39;m a Blackhawks fan)




Being from Indy originally, hockey on TV is something we watch if there is no basketball, football, NASCAR, IRL, CART, NHRA, Formula 1, American Chopper, MLB Baseball, This Old House, American Idol, or Rosie O%26#39;Donnell on. (OK, I made that last one up...I MIGHT watch hockey over Rosie. I don%26#39;t like Rosie)




Ouch, American Idol over hockey. How did prime time karaoke become so popular?




Hockey is fun in person. Any time I went, it also involved a lot of beer. It loses a LOT on TV.




In complete agreement with that. A lot of the action is off puck. Same can be said for car racing. There is so much more going on than whoever is leading. And there is beer.




OK, What is SWB?? Since the Wings will be dropping the Sharks this week, I hope to watch them in the Keys NEXT WEEK.



Sorry EzLivin




Sorry, Schooner Wharf Bar


  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment