Saturday, March 24, 2012

weather forecast for next week

I just spoke with my mom and she said she has been following the weather on Captiva and that it%26#39;s supposed to rain all week. We arrive Sunday. Has anyone else heard this forecast? Is rain common on Captiva? I%26#39;ve looked at the beach webcam on the Tween Waters Inn site for the past two days and the weather is unpleasant. As long as it%26#39;s not lightning, I%26#39;ll still be outside having fun. Rain won%26#39;t stop me but lightning will.



weather forecast for next week


Since Florida is the lightning strike capital of the US, it%26#39;s a good thing you pay attention. I am endlessly amazed at the folks who stay in the water and allow their kids to stay in the water when lightning is around. It is worthy of great caution.





I did check the forecast just yesterday. There was a 30% chance of rain most days and higher a few days, but still %26#39;scattered%26#39; showers. When I%26#39;ve been down in the summer months that%26#39;s just a typical forecast and like clock work it rains around 4:30 and then clears out around sunset. Looks like overcast skies might plague you off and on, but just intermittent rain/t-storms. It will often rain over on the mainland and not the islands. Strange, but I%26#39;ve watched the news and Ft Myers is flooded and Sanibel had sprinkles. Yes, I%26#39;ve had rain while there. Like you, if it isn%26#39;t thunder and lightning, I just deal. Only once or twice in all my trips have I had true %26#39;rainy days%26#39; more than 2 in a row, usually in fall/winter. T-storms are the summer weather du jour.





I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have a good trip regardless.



weather forecast for next week


Thanks, Tourmaline. That%26#39;s kind of what I thought. When we have gone to the Caribbean, daily rain was common but no big deal. I saw the most beautiful storm off the east end of Grand Cayman. No lightning, just dark skies and rain. People who hang out outside when it%26#39;s lightning just don%26#39;t know the deal. It%26#39;s VERY bad to do that. We leave the house at 4 a.m tomorrow morning for our 7:30 flight! We can%26#39;t wait!!!!!!! I%26#39;ll be posting a trip report when I get home and if I can figure out how to upload my pics, I%26#39;ll do that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment