Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Disney Trip in 2008 - any suggestions

I am planning a trip to Disney for a family of 4 (2 adults and a 10 and 13 year old). We are from Canada and this will be our first trip. to Disney. Very excited!!! We are not planning on going until March or April of 2008. I realize that it is early to be planning but I want to be as prepared as possible. Easter next year is March 23, 2008. I want to avoid the crowds so I am wondering what would be the best time to go. I will be taking the kids out of school.





We are planning on taking in the 4 theme parks at disney and also doing the water parks. We will be staying at one of the value hotels and using the dining plan. We are planining on staying 8 nights. Any suggestions on which of the four value resorts to choose. I hear pop centrury is good. I don%26#39;t want to have alot of teenagers on sporting events there the same time we are.





Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks sharon









Disney Trip in 2008 - any suggestions


If you can take the kids out of school, it would be better if you waited to go until late April or even early May for your trip.





Spring break capacity crowds are usually worst from the second week of March through the end of the third week of April. So, by waiting until the last week of April, you may bypass all of them, plus get a cheaper rate at the Disney hotel you pick (different seasonal rates).





Where do you plan on staying or have you decided yet? Sounds like you%26#39;ve done your homework already.



Disney Trip in 2008 - any suggestions


Pop Century is the best of the value resorts in my opinion. It is located close to Downtown Disney, Epcot and MGM Studios and Typhoon Lagoon too.





Another advantage is that Pop has exclusive bus service that isn%26#39;t shared with other resorts.




I would have to second Pop Century. We really enjoyed it when we were there. The transportation to the parks was very convenient. The rooms are a little small but very nicely decorated and very clean.



If you decide to stay at Pop, make sure to try the tie dye cheesecake. It%26#39;s yummy




Pop Century for sure. Newer resort. Better transport. Buses only service Pop . THe other value resorts share bus service. I would get a base pass with waterpark option. Too much to see for first timers to benefit from a hopper pass. Hope you have a wonder time at Disney.




I agree with staying at POP. It is the nicest of the Value Resorts. I would get a 5 day base ticket with water parks and more options. You can spend 1 day at each of the 4 parks and use the 5th day to go back to the 1 you enjoyed the most. 1 or 2 days at the water parks and maybe a day for relaxing at the POP pool and an evening at DTD for dinner and a little disney quest. 8 days is a good length of time for doing just a disney vacation, you won%26#39;t feel rushed. I agree that end of April would be a good time to go.



Happy Planning




Thanks for all the great advice. I am still unsure of when to go. Do you think that the last week February would be good time? I guess my only choice would be last week of February or last week of April in order to avoid the crowds. I want to take advantage of the water parks. Would it be too cold to enjoy the water parks at the end of February?




Waterparks may be very chilly late Feb and even though water heated it may be too chilly to stand around for too long waiting to use flumes etc.



I would vote late April a much better bet and the evenings will remain lighter longer and themeparks may stay open later. Also generally it will be a lot warmer than Feb.



You are right to plan well ahead and in my opinion its all part of the fun of a Disney vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment