Saturday, March 24, 2012

Doubletree Ocean Point Construction Question

I booked a 1 bedroom suite at the DT Ocean Point from Orbitz. I was wondering who I should call to ask for a Northern side room (away from construction). Should I call the day before we fly in. Should I call before I get to the hotel? Is there no hope because I booked through Orbitz?

Is the construction still noisy?

Thanks

Doubletree Ocean Point Construction Question

Call the front desk and offer a very small amount of chit chat

while confirming your reservation and making your request.

They don%26#39;t care how you got your reservation. Call again

the day of departure with your request and mention that

you wouldn%26#39;t object to an upgrade%26gt; Good luck.

Doubletree Ocean Point Construction Question

The Key factor in receiving an upgrade Is how you book the rerservation. If you book through the hotel directly they will more likely upgrade you to a nicer room, as they will not have to pay a commission to a travel discounter. Also an important factor is the length of your stay. If you are staying for a week as oppose to one day, you are more likely to receive an upgrade, especially if it is the slow season. Mention to the front desk that you are trying to impress your girlfriend with this vacation and you will have them on your side. Being polite not demanding makes all the difference.

No, the construction isn%26#39;t that noisy, not even on the beach.

Goog luck and enjoy!


I acutally emailed the hotel last night. The director of management put me down as a room on the North side. So hopefully it all works out. I was surprised they got back to me so quickly and I didn%26#39;t even have to call.


Remember to call just before you leave and confirm all

with the front desk as well as printing a copy of the e-mail.

You might also register on line for Hilton rewards, collect

some points, and present your membership when you check-in

for possible upgrade. Most of the hotel chains like Marriott,

Hilton, and Sheraton respect their repeat customers.


PH%26gt;

Tell the GF the salon and spa at the Ocean Point is really nice. If you want to treat her to a little pick-me-up, call ahead and book a mani-pedi with IRMA. (She does a great French pedi too). You can get a massage while she gets her nails done...

AG


sounds good to me. I wouldn%26#39;t mind a little massage. I was looking at the dual massage for my girlfriend and I on the beach at night in the cabana. I believe it was something like 225 or something for 60 mins. That seemed a bit pricey, but its probably because of the location

  • programming
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment