Tuesday, April 17, 2012

That little 1 Quart bag & other ';stuff';

Hi,





Just bought lugage for my 2 kids, 22'; rolling vertical carry-ons. Small but since Floridays Resort has washer%26#39;s/dryers in each unit I would take only what I neeed and no more. We went to the local drug store and hit the bis of samle sized toiletries, they even sold airline ziplock brand bags, $2.50 a pop, what a rip off, I bought a box of the same thing for less at the grocery store.





My kids are so excited they filled their plastic bags up already, the trip isnt for 5 more weeks. I started filling mine but relised that I dont even have room in mine for a simple tube of lipstic, a stick of eyeline and mascara. Looks like I have to buy more in Fla for myself when I get there.





I picked up a folding Conair blow dryer. I read in a few reviews that some suites at Floridays Resort did not come with a blow dryer, lets not talk about my hair now without one!





Things like travel dryers, hair brushes, tooth brushes, mens recargable electric razors and stuff like that...this goes where? Mine and hubbys bags are larger andwill be checked in before boarding.





Also, on the topic of LOCKs on luggage. I am under the impression you cant have those. Am I wrong on that where the sirports are concerned?





JMG



That little 1 Quart bag %26amp; other ';stuff';


I don%26#39;t think you can have locks on luggage, in case they need to check further, but when we flew last time, I used baggie ties on my luggage I checked. That way it if the tabs got stuck on something, they wouldn%26#39;t accidently unzipper.



That little 1 Quart bag %26amp; other ';stuff';


You can%26#39;t lock your luggage. All the travel dryers and razors and stuff-put it in the checked luggage unless it is expensive. Then put it in the carry on,though security will probably look in your bag. I brought my parents an old fashioned juicer a few years ago and it was examined totally because ';it has a motor.';You can put all the makeup in your checked luggage unless you%26#39;re going to need it on the plane. Just put what you absolutely need in flight in the quart sized zip loc bag;hand cream,contact lens drops and so on and you should have plenty of room.





I%26#39;ve seen those ';TSA approved quart bags'; and it is so silly-I mean,just buy a box of the regular ones. And they don%26#39;t have to be a zip lic brand,you could even buy a box of quart sized Glad brand!Try not to overpack but remember-you can always mail stuf back!




You can purchase TSA approved luggage locks but as stated in a different post the keys are easily available and they probably aren%26#39;t worth the money. I say that as I have already spent $50 on 7 locks and taken them out of the package so I%26#39;m stuck with them. We leave in 10 days. Go to TSA.GOV and check out the info that they have about the small bags and what you can pack. The items can only be 3 ounces and you can only have so much on your carry on. When you get to security you need to put your plastic bag (one per person) in the bin to be checked. My aunt purchases those plastic cable ties and asks them to please put those on after inspection and they always do..... still not sure why I went and wasted money on the locks but too late now!




What are ';TSA approved quart bags';? Is this for carry on luggage? Can you no longer carry a hand bag or backpack on board?




You can still bring regular carry on luggage. The quart sized bags are just for gels and liquids. You can now only have 3 oz. containers of these items and they have to fit in a quart size bag. You do not need to spend the money on a TSA approved quarte sized bag, just use a ziploc bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment