Thursday, April 12, 2012

Help! Looking for a family friendly condo in Destin

We were thinking of staying at the Destin Holiday Inn on the Beach, but I am having second thoughts now because of the convenience of having a condo. So much to choose from, I don%26#39;t know where to begin.





Any suggestions for a family of 5 with kids ages 8, 5, and 1 years old. Golf Front, Baby pool, kids activities, and short walking distance to the beach is what I%26#39;m looking for. A shallow pool will work in lieu of a baby pool.





Your valuable opinion is greatly appreciated! Thanks!



Help! Looking for a family friendly condo in Destin


I%26#39;ve been researching for the last month and decided on Edgewater. Sterling Sands would be my second choice b/c of location. Edgewater is on the beach (no crossing streets w/kids), very large pool, children%26#39;s pool, playground (so cute), gameroom, etc... I rented through www.southernresorts.com, but the options are endless. Many people on this forum suggest vrbo. Good luck!



Help! Looking for a family friendly condo in Destin


We always stay at Sandpiper Cove. I love that they are not a high rise. I hate to carry all my beach stuff down the elevator! They are older, but we have always had up to date and clean condos.




Check out SanDestin. They have rental villas on the bayside that are quite nice. However, they also have high rise places on the beach side that are also nice. I would recommend having your own snacks and breakfast foods on hand as the restaurant food is all resort pricing.




I just made reservations this week @ destin west beach and bay resort on okaloosa island, never been but the pools and location looked too good to be true, I booked thru vrbo, you might take a look.




The Islander (www.islander-resort.com) is a great place. Two bedrooms (twin beds in the second bedroom) with kitchen, living room, two baths and balcony for watching sunsets. Two pools and plenty of grounds for kids to run around. You might request a ground floor unit for easier access for kids. Price is right.




Thanks for all your great suggestions! We decided on the Mainsail Condominium... I found something that opens right to the beach (their only ground floor unit, I believe). I don%26#39;t know much about it. Someone said on a previous post it was old, but the unit I%26#39;m looking at looks renovated and I know that their pool area was recently renovated with a nice kids area. So, hopefully it will be nice.





I haven%26#39;t sent my money in yet, so if you know anything about Mainsail... good or bad, please let me know. Thanks again!




We have stayed at Mainsail a few times and even though it is an older property it has been maintained and is up to date.They just had a new pool installed last year and while its not huge it was nice.We rented thru an owner on the second floor in building 1(i believe) that was gulf front.Be aware that there are four buildings plus patio homes the front 2 are gulffront.The beach is an easy walk on a boardwalk.You%26#39;ll be fine




I too have three little kids, never been before and looking for a place on the beach. The best I can find, for the $, is Surfside. Have a better suggestion?




Destin west beach and bay resort is my choice. pleanty of pools to choose from. baby pool on the gulf side and a splash garden whch is great for your younger children. There is also a lazy river on the bay side with rafts provided. For our youngest we boiught a small boat and he has a blast floating in it.




My Family has been going to Jetty East for the past 10 years . It has always been affordable , clean and secure . The beach is compromised right now but the is still enough to make it work. Its location on Holiday Isle is off the beaten path which is nice because traffic can be murder on 98 in the summer.



Good Luck




  • isotretinoin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment