Thursday, April 12, 2012

Universal ticket deal for UK - valid in US?

Has anyone purchased the Universal ticket deal for UK residents but as a US resident?





They currently have the child ticket free with adult ticket purchase, plus an extra day free.





universalorlando.co.uk/promo_free_kids.html





It appears they are letting me complete the purchase (haven%26#39;t clicked on the final ';submit'; yet). I wonder if anyone has used this deal without a problem?





The ticket details does say it is available to UK residents only, but I%26#39;ve put in my US address and it hasn%26#39;t rejected me yet.





I don%26#39;t want to scam, but darn it%26#39;s a good price!



Universal ticket deal for UK - valid in US?


I live in Pittsburgh and I called Universal yesterday and they said that I could use it. Let me know what happens when you submit it. I think you can purchase until April 2007. Do you know when the tickets have to be used by? I have 4 kids and it saves me over $100 doing that opposed to the $85 ticket. Let me know. Thanks



Universal ticket deal for UK - valid in US?


I put my order through and it worked fine. I won%26#39;t have my tickets in hand until I go to the electronic ticketing machine at the park, but I have my confirmation number and a receipt.





The website says the tickets are good until Dec 31, 2007.





It really is a good deal! Good luck.




An update on my dilemma...





I sent an e-mail to Universal earlier today but did not wait for their reply before placing my order.





I just got a response that says ';This offer is currently only available for guests with a valid UK photo id.';





If I am going to pick up my tickets at the electronic ticket machine, at what point are they going to ask for a photo ID? I can%26#39;t imagine the tickets will print saying they are for UK residents only? Do they check ID at the gate?





I guess we%26#39;ll find out! I hope I don%26#39;t have to buy another set of tickets at the gate. Yikes.





I will return from my trip the 3rd week in March, if anyone is interested in what the outcome is, please let me know and I%26#39;ll post an update.




I%26#39;m quite interested. I called Universal today and they said that the offer could be purchased by US residents. Did you try calling them. I think it%26#39;s crappy if they don%26#39;t extend the offer to US residents as well. A friend of mine is an attorney and said that it%26#39;s discrimination. Now I don%26#39;t know about that but just a thought. I would call them just to make sure. Let me know.




The tickets may work like they do for Florida Residence tickets, you have to take the ticket from the machine to guess services and they check your ID before you get the ticket, I%26#39;m not sure,if this is how it works I%26#39;m just guessing.




I have done it the other way around. As a UK resident with 2 kids over the age of 9 the 7 days unlimited for $85.99 was a better deal.





I bought them through southwest.com and I have just checked the confirmation e-mail. Nowhere does it say ID is required and it also does not have a %26#39;use by%26#39; date.....!





Will be interested in what happens to you when you collect your tickets.....





Good luck




It would really suck to get there and find out you couldn%26#39;t use them. I would really call the number for tickets on the Universal webpage just to be on the safe side. I might even call them later today. If you call them let me know what they tell you.




The only problem with talking to people on the phone is that different people will give you different answers.




I called the online tickets number (407-224-7840) and was told I could not use this deal and would have to show a UK ID when I pick up the tickets.





She did say I could place a new order on the US site and then call back and they will cancel my UK purchase and refund my money.





I guess I have no choice but to do this but I still wonder if I could get away with this UK deal. At what point do I have to show ID? If the electronic ticket machine gives me my tickets, when do I show ID?





Can anyone explain how the electronic ticketing process works?





I would appreciate continued input! Thanks!




Hey Nickybitty





I did the same thing as you .





I will just plead ignorance and say I found it on the web and didnt realise it wasnt for UK residence.





Sometimes being blonde can work to our advantage ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment