Thursday, April 19, 2012

DTD Parking and Bus Transport

Questions, questions!

1) Is there a cost for parking at Downtown Disney?

2) Can non-Disney property guests use the Disney buses? My wife has a conference near Downtown Disney so I%26#39;m thinking I go with her then get on the disney buses to get to the parks. Will I be able to do this? If so - going to Epcot is the better choice bus to TC then monorail or bus to Dolphin then boat?

Thanks!!!!

-dragon

DTD Parking and Bus Transport

1) No.

2) Yes. Here%26#39;s a good site to show how to get from one place to the next:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

DTD Parking and Bus Transport

Thanks for the info. I know about OurLaughingPlace and have used the wizard, it just didn%26#39;t explicitly say that anyone (not just resort guests) can use the transportation system so I wanted to double check.

Also - it sounds like a great option for anyone is to park at DTD for free and use the transport system for free. Avoid the parking charges plus the bus will drop you off right at the door of the park.

Thanks!

-dragon


As far as using bus transportation from Downtown Disney to theme parks, it can be done, but there is no direct route from DTD to the theme parks per Our Laughing Place, or vice versa. You would have to take a bus to a resort, then take a bus from the resort to the theme park of your choice. Per Our Laughing place, the average time of the shortest route timewise would be 40 to 45 minutes; others would be longer, and of course, there%26#39;s no guarantee that the times will be as short as mentioned, particularly if you are going at a busy time. So, you could be spending 1 1/2 to 2 hours on or waiting for Disney transportation if you park at Downtown Disney to go to the Disney theme parks. So if you%26#39;re determined to save the parking money, it can be done, but it is not particularly time efficient.

Not to mention if you%26#39;re concerned about your pregnant wife and young child, then using several buses hardly sound like they would be ideal for that concern.

The Disney transportation system is essentially open to all.


1 1/2 to 2 hours is time altogether spent getting from DTD to the theme park and getting back, not just one way.

As for parking at resorts, they typically give outside visitors a 3 hour pass to park at the resort after checking ID.


Oh - I won%26#39;t subject the preggo and kiddie to my bus madness!

There will be days when I%26#39;m off on my own for the day, but my wife will meet up with me after class. So I will do the bus thing and then she%26#39;ll join me at night with the car.

Thanks for all the good info!

-dragon


You%26#39;re welcome. Actually, my ########### and preferred way of getting to the Disney parks is by Hummer stretch limo (do they have any of those with hot tubs).

  • emo hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment