Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disney fireworks....

I%26#39;ve never stayed to see the fireworks in previous years... This year I%26#39;d like to stay and watch one or two of the fireworks displays. Which of the Disneys parks illuminatins are the best? My sister in law is suggesting I ';shouldn%26#39;t bother going to Orlando if I don%26#39;t watch the Epcot illuminations'; but elsewhere I%26#39;ve heard they%26#39;re not too great...

Opinions please?

Also what time do these shows usually start? I%26#39;m going in July as I figure time of year and daylight hours may affect it...

Thanks in advance xxx

Disney fireworks....

Three of the Disney parks have ';fireworks'; type shows at night, but they are all unique to one another. Magic Kingdom has an exclusively fireworks show called Wishes. Epcot has a multi-media show called Illuminations. MGM has a theatrical fireworks show called Fantasmic.

You can check the Disney calendar for July to see what times these shows are each night. Typically, Illuminations at Epcot is at 9:00 PM, Wishes at Magic Kingdom is at 10:00 PM, and Fantasmic at MGM has both an early and a late show on many nights

Disney fireworks....

Looks like the Fantasmic show at MGM is at 9:00 and 10:30 most nights.


Hey Kitty...

Illumination is just GREAT...

You really have to see it!

Wishes is at Magic Kingdom but you can easily see Illumination a n d Wishes in summer. Illumination starts at 9 and wishes at 10 (as I said, in summer..)

The other day you have to see fantasmic at MGM. A great show (but i, personally don麓t have to see it in the next 1 or 2 years again)

It is great but 3 times is enough for 2 years :-))

Will be there in july too... :-))


Thanks KAt, I understand it would be hard to compare and choose a favourite as they%26#39;re all so different by the sound of it but which do you think is best...

or worded another way... if you could only see one of the shows which would it be??

xx


Never stayed to watch the fireworks? We are the opposite; we often skip the day stuff but turn up for the fireworks.

Illuminations is Epcot - Wishes is MK. The first is a mix of fireworks, lights and fountains with music over the water, more ground based. The second is more Disney music and aerial.

They are, without doubt, very good - I heard somewhere that $50000 worth of fireworks go up every night. You should check times on the day although I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;ll be around 9pm for both.

See them - well worth it. One other hint - it gets very busy leaving the parks afterwards - try to combine with extra park hours if possible (if a Disney resort guest); alternatively it is often quicker to leave Epcot at the Boardwalk and go for a drink there. Just make sure you have positioned your transport accordingly!


Oh dear, Sascha are you going to stalk me round the parks??

(Thanks for the advice BTW)


oops - I meant between 9 and 10pm and forgot MGM. How could I?


Stalk you??? Noooooooo.... :-)

Thought you will m e e t me for a drink... LOL

No, if I had to choose I would go with Illuminations!!

Have a german Beer (Franziskaner) and enjoy!!!


:-O Sascha... meet fyou for a drink? If I didn%26#39;t know better I%26#39;d think you were flirting with me!!!


Yes, I do :-)

BTW: If you choose to see Illumination at Epcot at 9, look for a place near the entrance of the world showcase!

Then you can turn around when it麓s finish and go out to monorail!

Head to Magic Kingdom, change the Monorail at the ttc and see Wishes Firework at 10...

mh... Forgot the Franziskaner... OK, go there around 8 and return to the MC Donalds store....

will be crowded. So do you have some shoulders to sit on because I guess you are going to stand in row 8-12

:-)))

  • desktop issue
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment