Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What can I ask that already hasn't been asked?

We are heading to KL for a couple days with a day trip planned to KW as well.





I have Acc. in KL - we will arrive around noon- then a trip out to JP state park that day for some snorkelling. After having dinner at Snooks- to catch the sunset. - would Sundowners be a better overall exprience?





I have read that KL ia a little layed back at night -but would an evening of coctails and music at Coconuts be the place to go after dinner- or stay at our dinner venue?





In the morning I plan to visit KW - leaving early with all the look outs and photo opps. I hope to get there by lunch.



Any suggestions on were to eat - and burn a few hours.



On my way back to KL a stop at the Honda park is on the list.



looking to arrive back in KL by night fall where i will need another place to eat.



Next morning I%26#39;m off to Miami.





Sound OK?



Any one care to pipe up on other reccomondations during my short time in the keys?



Thx



CDA 1



What can I ask that already hasn't been asked?


What are you trying to do and see while in the keys. From what you%26#39;ve said, you%26#39;ll spend more time in the car than actually seeing anything. That being said . . .





The trip from KL to KW is about 2 hours if you don%26#39;t stop along the way. Getting to KW by lunch will be easy.





Places to eat. BO%26#39;s, Rum Barrel, Island Dogs, Sloppy Joes, Conch Republic, Hogs Breath are all good quick fun spots.





Burn a few hours - Walk around the Bight to look at the boats, stop in Schooner Wharf Bar to listen to music, check out the other restaurants, maybe walk over to Southernmost Point and have your picture taken at the marker, maybe check out Fort Zach. You%26#39;ll have to miss too much to only burn a few hours.





If you are just going to eat and turn around to go to the Honda park on the way back, you might want to consider skipping Key West and spending the day at the Honda Park





OR





skip Bahia Honda altogether and spend more time in Key West.



What can I ask that already hasn't been asked?


I%26#39;m with BuffetGuy on this one. Key West and Bahia Honda both in one day is a bit much. I%26#39;d suggest picking one or the other and if this is your first time in Key West, I%26#39;d opt for spending the day there. I also agree with BuffetGuy%26#39; choice of eating spots.



As far as your evening in Key Largo, I have heard Coconuts can be a fun hangout place, just don%26#39;t get there too late. Stopped in last year on a Thursday at about 10:00p.m. and they were just getting ready to shut the music down. If you are there on a Friday or Saturday, it might be a different story.




Ok Thanks folks



Advise taken,



I will ride down straight to KW and spend the day there, and then leave for KL late afternoon to return by nightfall.





As I ride up from KW Can some one recommend a nice place to have dinner as I near



Key Largo- perferrably Gulf side ( bay side)



Thx




If I am driving back from Key West I might stop in Marathon at the Keys Fisheries. Very casual open air kind of restaurant. You place your order at the window and then have a seat at one of the picnic tables, they call you when it%26#39;s ready. They are famous for their lobster reubens, which are fabulous. As you are heading north on the Overseas, look for the Stuffed Pig restaurant at 35th street (I think) and then turn left. You can%26#39;t miss it.



Here is their link



http://www.keysfisheries.com/



Or you can go up to Islamorada and try either Lazy Days, Mile Marker 88, Morada Bay Cafe or the Islamorada Fish Co..



I think they are all on the gulf side and have outdoor seating.





Have fun!





We%26#39;ll be in Key Largo March 7-14 and I can%26#39;t wait. I wish we were leaving today.




Princess - Great recommendations (must be the weather that makes us think alike . . .) Lazy Days is actually Oceanside, but still is a really good spot to eat.





You could try Lor-E-Lei. They normally have entertainment every night, and they are gulf side.





Have a great trip.




BuffetGuy-



Don%26#39;t you wish we were going today???




NOPE -



















I wish it was yesterday ;-)




I have just checked out the web pages on the restaurants in Islamorada,



Looks like it will be IFC or Lorelei - I%26#39;ll figure out which when I get there.





This is good stuff getting all the planning done with the help of people who have done all the piror leg work.



It so helps us first timers not to stumble into all the tourist traps and dives.





This is only our second time down to FLA , we came down last year for Daytona Bike Week and had a gas- This year we are returning once again for DBW with this little side trip to the Keys added in. Needless to say are so really looking forward to this trip.




CDA - they%26#39;re close so go and check them both out. But most importantly ENJOY. I wish it was me that was going and had to make the decision . . .




That sounds like a plan- I%26#39;ll walk into both , crawl out of one ! ; )


  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment